I'm teaching a Make Your Own Custom Hoop Skirt workshop at TechShop Menlo Park on Saturday, October 20th at 10:00am. I'll walk you through the whole process of drafting a pair of hoops that are shaped and sized exactly as you desire, then help you turn your paper pattern into fabric and steel reality. By 5:00pm you'll swish out the door in your very own custom drafted and sewn hoops!
The nitty gritty details-
- You don't have to have passed the usual TechShop safety courses to take this class, but you do need to know how to turn on a sewing machine and sew a straight line. (Pretty sure everyone reading this can do that!)
- We will provide all the tools and materials you'll need, including sewing machines, steel hoopwire, fabric (it'll be white), etc. All you need to bring is your own lunch, or I you prefer I can point you to some good grub nearby.
- The actual class will be 6 hours long, but there's a one hour break so you can go get lunch, so the grand total shows as 7 hours.
- We'll be making round style hoops. You can customize the width, length and shape (cone shaped, U-shaped, funky wobbly shaped, etc) but this method will not work for bustles, panniers or elliptical hoops.
- We need a minimum of 3 students to go ahead with the class, so don't wait, sign up now!
My fabulously drawn example of some of the styles of hoops you could make.
I have a hankering to make that third pair!
I'm so excited to teach this class and I hope to see you there! Much love to anyone who wants to boost the signal by telling your friends or linking to this post :)