October 31, 2012

Stalling and Spitting

I'll have a post up showing all the pretty details of the antique drawers tomorrow.  In the meantime, here's what my first pair of repro drawers looks like behind the original-


My first attempt was made from muslin, and while it worked it was a pain in the butt to sew all the tiny details with.  I'm making a second repro pair right now with fabric that behaves better.  When that's done, I'll be able to post a step by step tutorial on how to make your own!

In the meantime, I have to deal with this-


Urgh.  My iron is on its last legs and is protesting by spitting all over everything.  Who's got recommendations for a new one?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment won't show up right away, but don't worry! I moderate comments because the spam is ridiculous. It may take a little while for me to approve your comment, but check back soon!